About Me

My photo
Richmond, VIC, Australia

Tuesday 21 August 2012

America

So my uncle from America called on Sunday night and it was then, that I realized I was going to get no homework done. We had a conversation for almost 2 hours and I had to admit it involved crying and yeah. It basically wasn't good because he asked me to list the reasons why I didn't want to go to America. The background story on this is that my grandparents (on my dads side) made an application for American citizenship or something along those lines, and they are now finalizing the paperwork and we were supposed to go to an interview in Sydney today for it.



The reasons why I didn't want to go:
-I'm in the middle of my studies and I want to finish them in Australia.
-I have all my friends here and I'm not willing to part wif dem :"(( ~~~
-I'm used to Australia's style of living.
-My mum doesn't want to go (This was one of my main reasons but I didn't mention it to him because he would've hated mum for it).
-Americas' economy is shit right now and they don't have a good healthcare system when compared to Australia.

And then my uncle proved me wrong and said that these reasons weren't valid ones. And that my family needs to repay our debts to my grandma by being closer to her and making her happy by moving to America. He said that my bond between my friends isn't as important as the bond between my cousins and my grandma. I felt really selfish and shit after that phone call, so I'm in quite a pickle right now. I'm definitely staying in Australia though, which I'm really happy about. Except I think it will be awkward when we go to America to visit in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment