About Me

My photo
Richmond, VIC, Australia

Tuesday 17 January 2012

First shift

And it was actually better than I had thought. I had to go change into the uniform which wasn't the hottest thing in the world. especially the floor draping aprons.. But yeah, I served a few customers. Awkward at first but I got the hang of it. Apparently today was a quite day so I did allot of cleaning and making the bread and shelves look stocked. I had close shift so at the end of the shift I got to take as much of the leftover bread as I wanted. There was so much bread leftover, and I didn't want to look like some stingy asian on my first shift taking allot of bread, so I tried to take as many us I could while still looking subtle. Some people from a charity also came and took allot of the leftovers but at the end we still had to throw out a whole rubbish bin full of bread. It was probably one of the saddest moments of my life. Throwing away perfectly good and delicious food. I felt so bad for the children in Africa and underprivileged countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment